API stands for Application Program Interface, it is a set of routines, protocols, and tools for building software applications. An API makes it easier to develop a program by providing all the building blocks. A programmer then puts the blocks together.Almost all Operating environments, like MS-Windows, provides an API so that programmers can write applications consistent with the operating environment. API are ultimately good for users because they guarantee that all programs using a common API will have similar interfaces. This makes it easier for users to learn new programs.
What are the uses of API?
It is a tool kit which is used for developing remote applications for website. API includes documentation, programming interfaces and examples to help you expand Hosting functionality and integrate it in your own web applications.With the help of API objects and modules can be easily managed without logging into the Control Panel.
How do I get started using API?
API is very easy to configure and integrate. Please follow the steps given below:-
1) First login to your control panel>> go to My Server and click API Configurations. Now select the domain under which you want to setup your API. You can also choose your customized name for the virtual directory. Click Save Settings. At the bottom, it will display you the access URL of your API.
2) Open your application and use this URL to connect your application to API.
To backup your MS SQL Server database, please follow these steps given below:-
1) First log into your windows dedicated server through Remote Desktop Connection.
2) Click Start, Programs, Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and select SQL Server Management Studio Express or SQL Server Management Studio. After that click Start, Programs, Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and select SQL Server Management Studio.
3) Enter the requested information:-
a)Server Type: select Database Engine
b)Server Name: this field should be populated by default
c)Authentication: select Windows Authentication
4) Now click Connect.
5) Expand the server name and expand Databases.
6) Now right-click your database, expand Tasks and select Back Up.
7) select Full under Backup type .
8 ) Click Add under Destination .
9) Enter the path and file name for the backup file.
10) Click OK.
11) Review the settings for the backup.
12) Click OK to begin the backup.
Note:The steps above will create a complete backup of your database.
1) Login to Plesk
2) Click on Domains
3) Click on Crontab
4) You will notice list of system users. Select system
5) Click on Schedule a Task icon
6) After that you will need to mention the following :-
Minute : 0 to 59
Hour : 0 to 23
Day of the Month : 1 to 31
Month : 1 to 12
Day of the Week : 0 to 6 (0 for Sunday)
7) You must Enter the email address for notification
8) Click on OK
If you are a customer of one of the web host uk companies, as you can use the simple and cost effective solution for backup through FTP. Following are few of the advantages of Smart FTP which are given below :-
1) Data Security : Smart FTP utilized SSL certification to protect usernames, password and file content.
2) FTP Space : As per requirements.
3) Easy Selection of Files and there are many more features included in FTP.